Scholarship Application Pack 2020
ISA Science City International School is committed to recognizing and supporting students’ excellence. Coupled with holistic extracurricular enrichment, our rigorous and academically stimulating International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes will enable students to view the world from diﬀerent perspectives examine various points of view and see themselves as part of our changing world community.
ISA Science City oﬀers tuition scholarships (reviewed annually), for students who display outstanding ability and attitude across a range of disciplines. These disciplines cover excellence in academics, arts, sports, community service as well as entrepreneurship.
The ISA Science City Scholarships:
- are offered to reward and encourage excellence
- promise in the disciplines identified
- provide full or partial cover of the annual tuition fee
- will provide scholars with regular opportunities for prominence and leadership within their given specialism
- Application Criteria
Suitably qualified students from the below key areas, with demonstrated outstanding ability, are encouraged to apply:
- Academic excellence
- Arts: Visual, Music and/or Drama
- Community Service
Applicants enrolling for the academic year 2020-2021 must first meet the established enrolment eligibility criteria for entry into the school, prior to being considered for any scholarship. After careful review o-f applications, short-listed candidates will be invited for a final interview with the scholarship committee. In addition to excellence in their specific filed or talent, students will be selected on the basis of their potential to role model and make positive influence on others.
Please carefully review this scholarship pack, which includes the application form.
- Scholarship Guidelines
- Full report from candidate’s present and past schools
- Achievement in academic competitions
- In Grade 6 or higher (musical level)
- Proven membership in an orchestra/ ensemble
- Proven performance record
- Significant sporting ability in one or more sports
- Local and/or national representational honours
Community Service / Entrepreneurship
- Evidence of leading programmes or successfully launching a business
- Application Procedure
Candidates should complete the following process
- Complete the normal enrolment process for entry to ISA Science City.
- Complete the scholarship application form (cotained within this pack).
- Prepare supporting documentary evidence (pdf)
- Complete the required essay, written by the student
- Submit the scholarship application via email, no later than the due date
All applications must be received no later than 5pm, Friday 10th April 2020.
Applications are to be sent via email, to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Short-listed candidates will be notified no later than 5pm Friday 17th April, 2020
- Application deadline: No later than 5pm Friday 10th April, 2020
- Invitation sent to short-listed candidates: Friday 17th April, 2020
- Interviews with scholarship committee: Commencing from Thursday 23rd April, 2020
- Final announcement of scholarship award recipients: Friday 8th May, 2020
- Scholarship Application Form
This form is important and helps the Scholarship Committee get to know the applicant. We appreciate thoughtful responses, and encourage the student to take time to best represent the candidate as a person and why he/she deserves a scholarship.
Outstanding performance in the specific area is only part of the criteria. For all applicants, academic success is an important component of being a member of the school. Please provide results of either your end-of-year or interim reports (whichever is most recent). However, if you have not received them yet, please submit results from the previous year.
The written component in the process will allow expression of views on issues that the candidate is passionate about or have academic thought over. While the format is entirely up to the candidate, the length of the essay must be restricted to one A4 sheet, double-sided, double-spaced, 12 point font size.
Responses must be in English.
A maximum of three pages of additional information, certificates or testimonials will be accepted. For students applying for scholarships in the Arts or Sport, a portfolio of results, press clippings and/or video evidence may be submitted. Please clearly label all supporting application items with candidate name. These will be returned, if requested.
Closing date of applications for 2020 awards, Friday 10th April, 2020
Please submit this application form, essay, supporting documents (if any) and report progress results as soft copies via email to email@example.com
Please click the button below to view and download the Scholarship Application Pack 2020, including the attached Scholarship Application Form.