Our Primary School precinct is a natural progression from the crucial first stages of learning experienced in our Early Childhood Learning Center (ECLC).
In the Primary School, our learning programme is built around each child as a unique individual, with every student recognized for possessing their own abilities, experiences and interests. Crucial to their learning development is the utilization of the IB Primary Years Programme, a framework for our education which meets the highest of international education standards.
Key Strengths of the Science City Primary School
- An international standard Primary School education
- Strong individual subject areas, such as English, Chinese and Mathematics
- A leading language school: English, Chinese, Mother-Tongue
- A programme of study in and out of the classroom which encourages students to ask questions, develop answers, and be excited about the world around them
As an inquiry-based programme, the Primary School will ensure that individual subject areas are strong and challenging, whilst binding each course together. By helping students make connections between each subject area, our programme is well-placed to help students apply their knowledge, skills and conceptual understanding in real-world situations.
Most specifically, every student in our Primary School undertakes a programme of study within the following subject areas:
- Visual Arts
- Physical, Health and Social Education
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Our curriculum is designed to challenge every student, regardless of their year level or individual ability. Beyond the written and planned curriculum, it is the excellent combination of experienced, committed teachers in each of the subject areas, who will be focused on bringing to life in every classroom, the learning opportunities shaped in the planned curriculum.
To learn more about the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme, please explore further via this link: www.ibo.org/pyp